About The Book
Leadership and Motivation in Lean Times:
A Handbook for Leaders in Government and Business
What does leadership have to do with motivation?
We live in an era of widespread budget cuts, extensive layoffs, and pervasive uncertainty.
In lean times, effective leader is even more critical
Leadership and Motivation in Lean Times covers all the essentials: core principles, leadership styles, LEAN management, communication, innovation, diversity, transition, accountability, and resiliency.
However, this is not your typical leadership book. It directly addresses topics often considered taboo and untouchable:
- Are leaders responsible for morale, motivation and productivity?
- Why is ineffective leadership allowed to continue?
- What stops people from holding leaders accountable?
- How does someone qualify to be an elected official?
- Why are employees so afraid to speak up?
- How do we balance bureaucracy and innovation in a competitive global economy?
You will find a wealth of practical information you can start using today:
- Strategies for Decision Making in Extremely Uncertain Times
- 5 Steps to Managing Transition and Implementing Change
- 6 Steps of Non-Defensive Communication
- 5 Steps to Holding People Accountable
- Loads of Motivational Tips & Tools
- and much more…
This is your call to action:
Take a deeper look at your leadership role and pay attention to your people.
© Mary T. Meyer 2015
Mary’s book is a great tool for handling workplace environments and life’s circumstances. It is a must read!Ryan K